20 hours per week
Please consider joining our dynamic and supportive team at Haven Housing. Our mission, “To provide women in crisis or transition with a stable environment and the opportunity to explore options for their future”, is at the heart of our work.
Haven Housing is comprised of three separate programs.
We offer emergency housing and intensive services for women-led homeless families in crisis at St. Anne’s Place. We utilize a trauma-awareness approach and our services include a Children’s Program, case management, mental health services, and health and wellness activities.
At Ascension Place, we offer housing and case management to women working to recover from crisis and rebuild their lives. Private rooms and a safe community allow women to stabilize, feel empowered, heal from trauma, and move towards a more hopeful future.
Next Step Housing provides permanent supportive housing to women and women-led families in their own apartments and offers on-going support for overcoming barriers and maintaining independent housing.
Development Associate Job Description:
- Support the initiatives of the Development Director including solicitations, event coordination, acknowledgments, social media, data entry, and stewardship of donors.
- Seek in-kind and small-medium sized donations
- Manage donation needs, inventory, storage, overages, and acknowledgments.
- Complete tasks associated with maintaining relationships with community partners including: churches, civic groups, small businesses, etc.
- Assist with planning and managing fundraising events
- Coordinate and execute the Haven Housing holiday giving/sponsor programs
- Help implement Haven Housing’s public relations and marketing plan
- Support the Development Director with cultivating new relationships and strengthening connections with current supporters
- Find in-kind opportunities for participants of Haven Housing (museums, music events, spa treatments, sporting events, nature exploration, etc.) and coordinate acknowledgments
- Represent Haven Housing at public events
- Consult with employees to gage donation needs (towels, hair care products, supplies, holiday gifts, etc.) and seek gifts to fulfill these needs
- Attend volunteer events to thank groups, take photographs, and support the Volunteer Coordinator
- Assist the Development Director with coordinating various events to attract new donors, acknowledge current supporters, raise awareness, and promote our brand and mission.
- Attend volunteer and job fairs to promote Haven Housing
Minimum 2 years' experience at a non-profit
Sense of urgency and highly productive
Excellent verbal, written and communication skills including presentations
Strong skills in strategic thinking
High attention to detail
Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
Passion for Haven Housing’s mission and work
Haven Housing values diversity and promotes equal opportunities.
This part time position includes the following benefits:
- Full dental insurance
- ½ of premium medical insurance
- On-site meals and snacks
- Very generous vacation package
- Sick time
- Flexibility with scheduling
- Warm, welcoming work environment
- Very generous retirement benefits (including a 10% non-match pension and a TDA)
If you are interested in applying with Haven Housing for the Development Associate position, please send cover letter and resume to: Julie Kelley, Executive Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org