20 hours per week
Please consider joining our dynamic and supportive team at Haven Housing. Our mission, “To provide women in crisis or transition with a stable environment and the opportunity to explore options for their future”, is at the heart of our work.
Haven Housing (Ascension Place, Inc.) is comprised of three separate programs.
We offer emergency housing and intensive services for women-led homeless families in crisis at St. Anne’s Place. We utilize a trauma-awareness approach and our services include a Children’s Program, case management, mental health services, and health and wellness activities.
At Ascension Place, we offer housing and case management to women working to recover from crisis and rebuild their lives. Private rooms and a safe community allow women to stabilize, feel empowered, heal from trauma, and move towards a more hopeful future.
Next Step Housing provides permanent supportive housing to women and women-led families in their own apartments and offers on-going support for overcoming barriers and maintaining independent housing.
Development Director Job Description:
- Plan and lead a major gifts program to increase donor pool
- Strengthen stewardship of current donors
- Using social platforms, raise money directly using shared media to help attract younger donors
- Secure sponsorships for events and work with business to increase awareness and support
- Coordinate events (including fundraisers) to attract new donors, raise awareness, acknowledge current supporters, and promote our brand and mission
- Ensure effective system and process of receipt of donations to acknowledgment to data collection
- Engage churches, civic groups and businesses in new or expanding partnerships including matching donations and volunteer opportunities
- Plan major donor visits, presentations, and tours to increase attachment to Haven Housing and introduce donors to key staff to further solidify relationships
- Create, manage and oversee all social media and promotional materials, including our annual report, website, newsletters, etc. Use social media to promote the mission, vision and uniqueness of Haven Housing
- Serve as strong and confident sales person for Haven Housing
- Secure silent auction items, food, entertainment, donations and sponsors for fundraising events. Haven Housing currently has one event per year.
- Provide and manage event logistics in a collaborative way and manage timely expense/revenue tracking and reports
- Set robust fundraising goals
- Communicate to Haven Housing board members, staff and Legacy Leaders the importance of fundraising and provide suggestions for opportunities for engagement
- Ensure branding and message consistency
- Assist board of directors, volunteers and staff with engaging their various networks
- Assist Volunteer Coordinator with executing large volunteer projects. Attend (some) volunteer events, support the orientation process, gather photographs and quotes, and help manage acknowledgments
- Collaborate with staff to encourage team building and involvement in fundraising and events
- Work with program directors to maintain current and alumni participant testimonials, photos, release of information documents, and list of program needs
- Coordinate and attend monthly development meetings to ensure consistency and effective communication between program and development staff
- Monthly, connect with grant writer to discuss the potential for multi-level partnerships
- Work occasional evenings or weekends to accommodate donor and/or volunteer needs
- Develop and implement strategies to grow philanthropic relationships
- Serve as part of the Haven Housing leadership team
- Provide leadership, oversight and guidance to development team.
- Supervise the Volunteer Coordinator and the Development Associate
- Gain deep understanding of our mission, values, and who our programs serve. Effectively communicate this in the community
- Using and creating best practices, develop a thorough public relations and marketing plan
- Represent Haven Housing at public events
3+ years of experience in fundraising or sales/marketing
Excellent verbal, written and communication skills including presentations
Strong skills in strategic thinking
High attention to detail
Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
Passion for Haven Housing’s mission and work
Haven Housing values diversity and promotes equal opportunities.
This part time position includes the following benefits:
- Full dental insurance
- ½ of premium medical insurance
- On-site meals and snacks
- Very generous vacation package
- Sick time
- Flexibility with scheduling
- Warm, welcoming work environment
- Very generous retirement benefits (including a 10% non-match pension and a TDA)
If you are interested in applying with Haven Housing for the Development Director position, please send cover letter and resume to: Julie Kelley, Executive Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org