We are seeking someone to join our dynamic team. The Family Services Coordinator (FSC) provides case management to address behavioral, medical, social, educational and emotional issues. The FSC will coordinate community resources for mothers including housing and employment, life skills, chemical addiction, legal issues, parenting support, and overall health and wellness for each family. Find ways to support each family so they may move towards attaining independence.
- Assist with the implementation and facilitation of a strength based parenting curriculum
- Provides individualized case management, advocacy, and support.
- Facilitate women’s support and life skills groups and introduce connections and/or socialization within the community.
- Maintain intakes, progress notes, goals and safety plans as well as other data in tracking systems
- Assess and coordinate services for families in the following areas: health and wellness, crisis intervention, housing/education/employment support to reduce or eliminate barriers, and connections to appropriate agencies/services
- Schedule family activities
- Maintain programming schedule by introducing our residents to outside resources
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of and ability to work with women with children with diverse racial, ethnic, and economic backgrounds
- Program coordination and development skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed care, harm reduction and other evidenced based strategies
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, and work well under pressure
- Knowledge of community resources and ability to refer participants to appropriate services
- Ability to maintain good communications and working relationships with clients, co-workers, community resources, and referral organizations
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when needed
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred/Master’s degree desired
- 2 – 4 years of experience working with women and children of diverse racial and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Must have a good driving record and valid auto insurance
- Must be able to pass a DHS background check and driver license check
- Salary is based on experience
- Medical & dental insurance premium paid by employer
- Life insurance paid by employer, option to purchase more
- Generous vacation, holiday and sick time package
- Generous pension/retirement benefits
Qualified applicants, please send cover letter and resume to Sesany Fennie-Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in joining our team!