Next Step Housing
Please consider joining our dynamic and supportive team at Next Step Housing of Haven Housing. Our mission, “To provide women in crisis or transition with a stable environment and the opportunity to explore options for their future”, is at the heart of our work.
Next Step Housing provides permanent supportive housing to women and women-led families in both site-based and scattered-site environments who have experienced long-term homelessness. Our primary goal for all program participants is housing stability. Case managers work with women to coordinate community services, set and achieve personal goals, improve credit, maintain relationships with landlords, achieve education and career goals, and improve physical, mental, and emotional health.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide ongoing case management and advocacy to approximately 14-18 program participants
- Complete assessments, crisis prevention plans, housing stability plans, case notes, etc.
- Utilize a harm reduction/Housing First model to assist program participants in finding and maintaining housing
- Collaborate with program participants to create a goal plan to meet their needs and provide support and ongoing evaluation of progress
- Assist in crisis prevention/intervention when needed to help ensure housing stability
- Make referrals and collaborate with community agencies as needed to help meet the participants’ needs
- Attend weekly case consultation meetings
- Assist with housing search for program participants
- Assist program participants with required county paperwork
- Attend and participate in community advocacy groups
- Help participants navigate transportation needs
- Assist participants with financial stability through accessing needed government benefits, education, employment, and monthly budgets
- Provide tenancy support (provide information on lease expectations, conflict resolution with neighbors/property management, address behaviors that may jeopardize housing stability)
- Coordinate activities to increase community engagement for Next Step Housing program participants
This positions requires the ability to connect with program participants who have experienced long-term homelessness, have mental, chemical and /or physical health concerns.
- BA or greater in Human Services
- 2+ years of experience working with diverse populations including women experiencing poverty, homelessness, trauma, mental illness, and chemical dependencies, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed care, harm reduction, and motivational interviewing
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, and work well under pressure
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Google services
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must have a good driving record and valid auto insurance
- Criminal and driver’s background checks required
Excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance. Generous vacation, holiday and sick time package, and pension/retirement benefits.
Haven Housing values diversity and promotes equal opportunities.
Qualified applicants, please send cover letter and resume to Sarita Vinje, Director of Quality Assurance, at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in joining our team!